Published: January 03, 2018
M: Finance features concise chapters that lead students to crucial material by emphasizing core concepts, key research, and current topics. Personal examples in the text explain the concepts’ relevance to students’ lives, increasing their motivation to learn more. Because finance focuses on problem solving and decision making, this text includes numerous exercises that target a variety of learning styles.
Additionally, instructors and students have access to digital resources within Connect. Connect’s assignments help students contextualize what they’ve learned, helping them to better understand the material. Connect Insight’s reporting enables instructors to identify areas of student weakness.
New to This Edition
● Simplified figures, where appropriate, and added captions to emphasize the main points.
● Updated data, company names, and scenarios to reflect the latest data available and real-world changes.
● Cross-referenced numbered examples with similar end-of-chapter problems and self-test problems enable students to easily model their homework.
● Updated numbers in the end-of-chapter problems to provide variety and limit the transfer of answers from previous classes.
The authors developed the framework for this book after polling more than 600 instructors about their experiences. They have used this data to ensure that the text parallels the way instructors actually teach college-level finance courses.
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, Connect activates learning and empowers students, resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Connect offers the following:
● Assignable videos that help students understand the concepts, review the material, and stay engaged.
● Assignable Excel tutorials with feedback and automatic grading that allow students to practice and apply Excel skills while solving financial problems.
● Prep courses that cover basic concepts in math, statistics, accounting, Excel, and economics so students don’t fall behind.